[Xastir] Re: Xastir web interface?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 13:43:18 EDT 2008

--- Keith Kaiser <keith.kaiser at gmail.com> wrote:

> WOW!
>
> Not everything seems to work for me but turning on
> PNG Snapshot and
> being able to see it as a png is working great. Now
> for the big
> question. Why do I want to do this? I'm curious why
> someone would want
> to put on the web a snapshot of their Xastir screen.
> I'm not being a
> smart-ass I really do want to understand what it
> gets us to do this.

A variety of reasons.  You can have Xastir running
somewhere and let people see a map with a browser
instead of a full implementation of Xastir.  Or you
can have several people looking at the map and only
once instance of Xastir running.

> While I'm on the subject, is there a way to get the
> snapshot.png file
> to be named with a time stamp? I guess I'll just
> have to write a
> script for that.
> Can we tell Xastir how often to take the snapshot?

Yes, it's in the timings configuration panel at the
bottom left.