[Xastir] D700 Connection

Keith Kaiser keith.kaiser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 18:54:04 EDT 2008

A couple of weeks ago I asked this question and thanks to all the
experts out there I got over the problem, but now I have it again.

I connect my laptop (Mac OS X) running Xastir to my D700 using a
Keyspan serial/USB adapter (cu.USA19H1a2P1.1). I can see the adapter
in terminal when I do ls /dev so I know I have the correct id for it.
But now when I select that connection in the interface control nothing
happens, it doesn't even blink. It's almost like the startup file is
not being seen, I use tnc-startup.d700 and tnc-stop.d700 to close it
down. How can I be sure its seeing that file to start up? Is there a
level of logging I can turn on or some other way to verify its
pointing to the correct file?

If all that seems unlikely to be the problem, does someone else have
an idea what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance guys.
73's