[Xastir] D700 Connection

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 20:21:43 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Keith Kaiser wrote:
>
>  > I connect my laptop (Mac OS X) running Xastir to my D700 using a Keyspan
>  > serial/USB adapter (cu.USA19H1a2P1.1). I can see the adapter in terminal when
>  > I do ls /dev so I know I have the correct id for it. But now when I select
>  > that connection in the interface control nothing happens, it doesn't even
>  > blink.
>

> > If all that seems unlikely to be the problem, does someone else have an idea
>  > what could be causing it?
>
>  It's likely that Xastir isn't able to open it.  Could be
>  permissions, could be a different interface being used now.

hmm, i've never seen permissions problems working with a variety of
mac os x 232/usb drivers, but i don't update my drivers too often,
either.

i do vaguely remember a lock directory that xastir wanted to use
didn't exist, or had the wrong permissions on it.  Does /var/lock
exist on your machine?  Curt's fix for making xastir setuid root will
solve permissions problems on that directory, but won't help if it
doesn't exist.

Does the console where you kicked off xastir display any messages,
helpful or otherwise?

-Jason
kg4wsv