[Xastir] D700 Connection

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 9 22:24:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I did the chmod, I even did a ./configure then a make and a sudo make install
> then the chmod but it still didn't work. There is no directory under var
> called lock, should I create an empty one?

Yea, give that a shot.  Create it as root:

    cd /var
    su
    mkdir lock
    chmod 1775 lock
    exit # (from root)

The reason for the chmod command is that the sticky bit should be
set.  At least that's how it is on my Linux box here:

    drwxrwxr-t  5 root  uucp  4096 2008-04-09 16:06 lock

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer