[Xastir] D700 Connection

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 23:08:49 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Keith Kaiser <keith.kaiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> t I just noticed, its permissions
> are set to -rw-r--r--@ 1 root  wheel   1439 Apr  9 21:08 tnc-startup.d700
>  don't they have to be executable?

no, but they have to be writable.  i don't have a 232/usb device to
check, but i think the permissions should be 666 (rw-rw-rw-).  But
then again, that setuid xastir executable should take care of that.

my /var/lock looks like yours, so i think that's OK:
$ ls -lad /var/lock
drwxrwxr-x   2 root  uucp  68 Mar 30 10:49 /var/lock

i thought I had done the setuid thing on /var/lock as well, but ls
says otherwise, and my xastir works just fine.  the xastir isn't suid
root, either, so at a glance mine shouldn't work, but does.

in case you haven't hit this, on the mac you'll probably want to "sudo
cmd" for each of the commands Curt mentioned, instead of doing an su
first.

-Jason
kg4wsv