[Xastir] Slax and Fonts

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 10 22:26:22 EDT 2008

Just back from leave here. Still trying to solve the SLAX (Slackware) fonts
issue. All the menus are still showing up with little boxes on the title
texts instead of readable text..

Curt was guessing that it is perhaps a Font issue and I am kinda starting to
agree.
So how do I get some more fonts working with SLAX which is Slackware based ?

Xastir compiles fine and Openmotif as well as Imagemagick .. It seems to run
with no errors but its utterly useless as the menu texts may as well be in
chineese. My experience with Slackware is pretty limited.

Tony Hunt VK5AH