[Xastir] cached maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 11 16:14:44 EDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Murry wrote:

> How do I bring up the cached maps?

Access the same internet map as before, at the same zoom, panning,
and Xastir window size as you originally used.  If it is in the
cache Xastir will prefer it and skip the internet map fetch.

Change the zoom, pan, or window size and it will probably fetch a
new map again.

I usually try to stick to powers-of-two zoom levels and pan only
with the arrow keys if I want to cache a bunch of maps and use maps
from cache a lot.  Don't change the window size or zoom in with the
mouse and this scheme works fairly well.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer