[Xastir] USRadar problems - gm

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 12 08:38:57 EDT 2008

I use gm on my little radar maps that I download on BigBox. If I use IM,
the same process fails after some time.

I have several radar map .geo's installed just in case the primary radar
site that I use fails. Here is a stretch idea that would take some work
to implement. You have three radar sites, primary, secondary, and
tertiary. Primary is always used. When an image is grabbed, an MD5SUM is
done on the grabbed file. At the next download time, the next file is
SUMMed and compared to the previous file. If no change is noted in the
sum's, the secondary site is polled.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO