[Xastir] Xastir crash

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 12:24:12 EDT 2008

--- "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:

> The home machine, hooked to only a KISS TNC, has
> been running a few
> days and is at 43MB virtual, 11MB resident, 7.1MB
> shared.  Much
> better when using only a serial port (USB->Serial
> adapter in this
> case).
>
> So... Could it be the TCP/IP stack that has the
> memory leak?  I'm
> not using networking from Xastir at home.  Easy
> enough to check if I
> remember to do so.
>
> What else might it be?  Perhaps the weather alerts?
> I'm not getting
> many of those at home on RF.  Perhaps zero.
>
> Using tigermap server at home and at work.  No
> snapshots turned on.
> No radar geo's.

My copy uses no TNC (for now) and a filtered
connection to rotate.  It's also using Tiger maps
(though I rarely pan it anywhere) and it downloads one
radar GIF every ten minutes or so directly from NOAA.

Top shows:
  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND

34796  10m 4276 R 16.6  2.3 156:42.48 xastir

This is running on an Athlon K6 with 512 MB RAM
(though some of it is used for on-board video).  Only
problem I'm having right now is the mouse not working
but that's not Xastir's fault.