[Xastir] Configure Speech Window (all selections greyed out)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Apr 20 19:07:15 EDT 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, Robert Rogers wrote:

> I had speech working on my last install on my old laptop. I've tested
> festival and it is working from the command line. I'm running Ubuntu 7.10
> and Xastir Version 1.9.3.

Read the docs with Xastir regarding how to start up the Festival
daemon.  Xastir uses the daemon mode rather than invoking it from
the command line.  This means the daemon needs to be running all the
time in order for Xastir to make use of it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer