[Xastir] bluetooth serial port issues

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 24 15:31:29 EDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> Along these lines, does any one have recommendation for a programming method
> for inserting a daemon type app between xastir and the hardware - ptys,
> named pipes, etc?  I'd like for xastir to be able to connect using existing
> interface code, and let the daemon in question talk to the hardware.

I'm not sure that other methods wouldn't yield the same lockup.

About the only idea I can come up with is to create a listening
socket for Xastir to connect to.  This would isolate Xastir from the
hardware as well as tying into Xastir retry mechanisms for network
ports.  You should be able to yank the port out from under Xastir,
restart it, and have Xastir reconnect to it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer