[Xastir] Map help

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 25 11:03:03 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Murry wrote:

> Need a bit of help on my maps.
> If I load Tigermaps and then load my Canadatopo250k map, I can't see my topo
> map.
> If I load my Canada250ktopo first and then load the Tigermaps, the topo map
> seems to be covered by the tigermap background.

You cannot display two raster-type maps at the same time, as each
map will have a color defined for each pixel.

That said, you can define certain colors to be transparent inside
your .geo file and Xastir just skips drawing pixels with colors that
match those.  See the README.MAPS file for instructions on this.
This method works best on maps with very few colors defined.  If you
have a picture-quality map, like an aerial photo or something, it's
not going to work well for you.  If you have a CAD-drawn map like a
USGS DRG topo that only has something like 16 colors defined, it
works VERY well.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer