[Xastir] SX Blue II GPS

Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Wed Apr 30 08:27:09 EDT 2008

Jim Tolbert wrote:
> I saw this in a ESRI GIS magazine.   Anyone know anything about it?
> Does it have some new whoopti-doo  chip set?  It claims- "Best Accuracy
> for your money on the market today".
>
> http://www.geneq.com/catalog/en/sxblue2.html

The specs say:
DGPS Horizontal Accuracy:
   < 60cm 2dRMS, 95% confidence 1 (< 30cm HRMS, < 25cm CEP)
Horizontal Accuracy:
   < 2.5m 2dRMS, 95% confidence (autonomous, no SA) 2

Where the footnote 2 says:
  2. Depends on multipath environment, number of satellites in view,
satellite geometry and ionospheric activities

So the sub-meter refers to DGPS. Regular GPS accuracy is around the
normal. Nothing special here.

-Lance

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat
the cookies.