[Xastir] Xastir Devel Snapshot

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Aug 2 23:39:53 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 06:27:48PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> The one time I tried a CVS install in Mandriva 2008.1, the bootstrap
> script didn't work.
>
> 6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
>    5) Running aclocal...
> ./bootstrap.sh: line 16: aclocal: command not found
>    4) Running autoheader...
> autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.ac
>    3) Running autoconf...
> configure.ac:19: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>      See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
> configure.ac:249: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_GMTOFF
> configure.ac:490: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
>    2) Running automake...
> ./bootstrap.sh: line 26: automake: command not found

> Automake and Autoconf were installed, but perhaps in strange places.

This is definitely a sign that automake is not installed in a standard place,
or is given a strange name.  The package could be calling it "automake19" or
"automake-1.10" or something, so bootstrap, which simply tries to run "automake"
isn't getting done properly.  Or it's not in a standard location
that's in your path.  aclocal is part of automake, and is likely having the
same issue as automake.

If you type "automake --version" from the command line, does it output its
version, or say "command not found?"

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach