[Xastir] Xastir and Kenwood D-700

Jim Morgan tlepagu at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 17:46:32 EDT 2008

Good morning folks-

I have an interesting situation here, or at least it is interesting to me. I have Xastir on an Ubuntu 6.06 computer connected to a Kenwood D-700. It worked well for quite a while but in the past couple of days it has ceased to do so.

As far as I am aware all the settings are correct, it did work and I have not changed anything, this computer is basically used for nothing but Xastir. But now the set up will transmit but it will not receive.

I have reset the TNC. Still nothing.

The usual suspects, like alternative net, disable transmit and display settings are all correct.

I watched the terminal in a recent running of Xastir this line showed up...

Couldn't stat file: /usr/share/xastir/config/tnc-startup.d700.sys Skipping send to TNC.

Is this my problem? What does couldn't stat file mean?

I am sure it is some small something that I have forgotten.

HELP! ;)

Jim Morgan KE5MKT
Midland, TX 79703-6318
USA