[Xastir] RE: Xastir and Kenwood D-700

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Aug 7 23:44:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Jim Morgan wrote:

> I can find the tnc-startup.d700.sys file and read it so I think it
> actually exists and as near as I can tell the permissions are as
> wide open as I can make them but the terminal does say that the
> file doesn't exist. Where could it have gone? I didn't move
> anything and Xastir was working with the radio just a few days
> ago.

Depending on how you installed Xastir (compiled from source or
somebody else's binary package), Xastir and it's files can live in
several places.  Make sure you're looking at the right one.

/usr/local/share/xastir/config/tnc-startup.d700
/usr/share/xastir/config/tnc-startup.d700
/opt/Xastir/share/xastir/config/tnc-startup.d700

Also, there is no ".sys" extension on the file we distribute, so
perhaps that got added?

Check in your ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file when Xastir isn't
running and make sure the path and filename match where the file
resides on your system.  Typically it's the first one I named above.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer