[Xastir] Seismic event feed?

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Fri Aug 8 12:38:38 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 19:11 -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Steve Friis wrote:
>
> > This is a website that has the information I think you are looking for. Now
> > how to get the feed into xastir is beyond me. If you do figure it out, let me
> > know?
>
> Silly...   firenet.us:2023 or firenet.us:14580
>
> I did that stuff _years_ ago!

Great conversation!  Here's an interesting idea (IMHO):

Setup some equipment to monitor a few of the USGS/LLNL analog tone
seismometers that dot the SF Bay Area.  A simple triangulation algorithm
would yield an approx. location and magnitude.  Feed this to APRS so
that information can still be obtained during a disaster in a mobile
setting.

Better yet:  Talk to USGS or LLNL about installing a digi in a radio
location that already has the collated information.

Nothing too difficult to accomplish... ;-)

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>