[Xastir] Can you view GPS data?

Earl Needham earl_needham at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 22:28:46 EST 2008

><snip>
>If you turn on some debugging, you can see lots of stuff scroll by,
>including the NMEA sentences, and watch what Xastir does with them.
>
>Start Xastir from an Xterm like this:
>
>     xastir -v 128 &
>
>I got the "128" from the DEBUG_LEVELS file.
>
>Once you get practiced at reading the output, you might be able to
>find what you need.

         The problem is that Xastir seems to "lose" my GPS from time
to time.  I'd like to be able to see the NMEA strings, so I can tell
if the data is getting from the GPS to Xastir, and it's just lost
lock or something, or whether the virtual serial port has keeled over and died.

         Thanks,
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk