[Xastir] WX stations connection ?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 12 11:30:42 EST 2008

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Tony Hunt wrote:

> I tried posting this question a while back but it never reached this list
> for some reason.

The list was down, or at least down for some of us.  I see that some
people were answering questions on the list while it was out of
action for the rest of us, so at least some of the mail was getting
delivered.

> What are the options for connecting a WM918 station to xastir? I see there
> are 2 types of WX port configs. One is for a direct serial and the other is
> via a network.

You can connect via serial port directory for that station, or via
the WX200 daemon.  Those are your only choice (again for that
particular weather station).

> Has anybody got it connected using a USB to serial converter ?

I'm using a TNC connected that way.  Weather should work similarly.