[Xastir] wx data display as continuous shades?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 12 11:36:32 EST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> I don't know the terminology, but I've wondered how / how difficult it would
> be to display APRS weather data the way TV stations do - for example, temp
> data would be some pseudo-continuous shading based on relative temperature
> (or wind speed, wind direction, rainfall accumulation, or whatever).

I remember thinking about that years ago, and I might have thrown it
onto the feature request list back then.  If not, please add it.
It'd be cool to see if we could pull it off.  It might require some
minimal density of data before displaying in that manner though, so
we don't get displays that don't reflect reality.