[Xastir] Xastir and Mac OS X Leopard (fwd)

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Tue Feb 12 12:56:13 EST 2008

X11 on Leopard is still somewhat of a work in progress. If you go to
<http://xquartz.macosforge.org/> you can download an installer that
has the latest beta release of the X11. Currently it's v2.1.3. I'm
using it on one machine and it's stable. But there is one caveat. Be
careful of the 10.5.2 update. If you install it you will need to
reinstall 2.1.3 and you might have some problems. Please contact me
directly if you have problems and I will put you in touch with some
additional help (I'm on the Apple X11 list). The machine that is
running Leopard started with Tiger and I did an upgrade install. It
was successful, but not without some extra work. Again, I can
probably help some here.

Good luck and stay in touch.

On Feb 12, 2008, at 11:44, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> maybe this has been discussed, I am new to the list!
>
> What is the present state of Xastir and Leopard?
>
> Running Xastir under Tiger, should I just go ahead and install
> Leopard? Or will there be problems?
>
> Any suggestions are welcome!

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn