[Xastir] GPS question, off topic.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 14 11:09:49 EST 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Gerry Creager wrote:

> A lot of precision agriculture applications do need meter or better
> accuracies, especially if the GPS is driving the tractor.  I'm not sure
> the Phoenix is the right answer for this, though, unless I got more
> information and had the opportunity to play with a pair of them for
> evaluation.

Also:  Is the area flat, with a good view to the south of the
geostationary satellites carrying the WAAS signals?

Last I recall (my info might be dated), the WAAS signals were sent
from satellites over the equator, not from the GPS satellites
themselves.  If you have any blockage to the south, say bye-bye to
your WAAS corrections.