[Xastir] To many repeats?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Feb 24 12:09:21 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 09:04:56AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <earl_needham at yahoo.com> flavor, containing:
> At 09:00 2/24/2008, William McKeehan wrote:
>> Try View- Incoming Data, that will show you what packets are sent/received in
>> Xastir.
>
>         That did it, and I got my answer immediately!  Out here, WIDE1-1 is
> about as bad as RELAY used to be!

WIDE1-1 is as bad as RELAY here in NM, too --- turns out that old versions
of KPC-3 firmware (version 8.2) have a bug that makes it necessary to set
WIDE1-1 as the MYALIAS to handle packets like WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1.  Without
setting it in MYALIAS, as I understand it, is that the digi doesn't set the
"last digipeated" bit properly.  (e.g. "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1" digipeated by
SANDIA without the myalias would come out as "SANDIA*,WIDE1,WIDE2-1" instead
of "SANDIA,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1" and the packet stops getting digied after that.
There was a brief thread on APRSSIG on it and I discussed it with the local
digi guru when I noticed the same problem here -- without replacing the TNC on
the digi with a newer model, there's no way around it.