[Xastir] Off Topic -- I got my Ticket!

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 22:59:19 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Jim Tolbert <RiverRidge at centurytel.net>
wrote:

Does that help paint a picture of my "needs"?

> Many thanx for any comments and suggestions and a big THANK YOU to all
> the great folks that have sent notes of encouragement.   I found my call
> sign on the FCC website, but not on QRZ or ARRL yet.  Should I be
> worried and check into it?
>
> Talk to you all later................ jt

Congrats on the license, Jim.  Also, thanks for posting your original
message - the replies have included some very good information - the
Tracker2 looks really great, for example.  For your needs, it sounds like
just a simple tracker like the openTracker+ or Bionics TinyTrack and an
inexpensive radio (and also an inexpensive GPS, but I haven't researched
those much lately) combined would do the trick.  I have a Kenwood TH-D7A,
and I like it, but the stock battery leaves a lot to be desired, and by the
time one combines it with a GPS, it's not going to be the cheapest solution.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT