[Xastir] open2300db2APRS

kc7zru kc7zru at kc7zru.net
Mon Feb 25 00:48:58 EST 2008

Not sure what's up - and worse, not sure how to find out!

This was all running fine business on a Fedora Core 4 box. Upgraded the
server hardware (new mobo, new drives - RAID rocks!) and am now using
CentOS 5.1. This is the *last* thing to get sorted in the migration -
everything else is working!

~/xastir/LaCrosse/open2300db2APRS compiles and installs fine - no errors.

Database is up and mysql and open2300 are both running. You can see data
on my web page and updates are going to WU. Database is using the latest
table and data structure from the SVN version of open2300 - to my eye,
looks like it matches weatherdump.sql included with open2300db2APRS.

But - when I try to start open2300db2APRS - it just 'dies'. Nothing
running, no port 1313 open and worse - no error messages to console or
to log.

Some thing's "not right" - but I don't know what.

What's the next step to find useful info?

thanks!