[Xastir] Trouble with my KAM+

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Feb 25 13:50:54 EST 2008

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Eric Christensen wrote:

/snip/
> MSTAMP was OFF
> PASSALL was OFF/OFF
> PID was OFF/OFF
>
> W4OTN>APX193,WIDE2-2:=/;ci:;.Vox   XASTIR-Linux
>    $
> EH?
> W4OTN>APX193,WIDE2-2:=/;ci:;.Vox   XASTIR-Linux
>    $
> EH?
> </QUOTE>
>
> So the KAM takes the commands in the tnc-startup file without any problem but
> it appears that Xastir isn't putting the TNC in conv mode before sending the
> posit.  I say this because the "EH?" response is indicative to the KAM not
> understanding a command.  If the posit is being presented as a command and
> not as "text to transmit" then the KAM would respond in this manner.

  OK.  So we've determined:

1) TNC->radio interface is OK
2) Serial link between PC running xastir and TNC is OK

So it's a configuration issue, and I probably can't help you.  I run all
my TNCs in KISS mode.  I put them into KISS mode manually, and configure
xastir without any 'startup' file.  Does the KAM+ support KISS mode?

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin