[Xastir] An idea rfid > APRS?

Dave H davekh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 05:24:18 EST 2008

A bit of thinking..

This may belong in an APRS listserv but I was thinking how Xastir could be
expanded and noticed a Linux RFID project on Sourcefoge  - This made me
wonder if we could localise situation data by linking up rfid devices  to
aprs by some box that translated rfid data to aprs compatible protocol.

Here is the example I thought of. In an emergency certain vehicles, devices
or hardware could have rfid  devices stuck on them and an emergency
controller could know what is where via aprs and in a changing situation ask
for things to be moved as per necessary.

I maybe well out - I'm no developer though but though it worth mentioning
for discussion rather than forget it.

Dave
G0CER
G6VSG used on Echolink and APRS sometimes
http://www.eQSL.cc/Member.cfm?G0CER