[Xastir] An idea rfid > APRS?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Wed Feb 27 15:12:09 EST 2008

Imagine taking that one step further...

Say you have a truck with disaster recovery supplies. That truck is checked-in
when it departs. An object is created for the truck and the truck's route is
entered, then the object moves along that route at pre-determined speeds.

Something happens and disaster recovery supplies are suddenly needed at a
different location. With a glance at the map, you can see approximately where
the truck is and determine if it would be best to re-route that truck or to
send another truck.

The key to this would be the ability to create a route for an object to
follow. The route would have to contain information such as speeds over the
route and stops along the way. I can see other uses of this feature in APRS;
APRS Dos has a limited version of this ability.
--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU