[Xastir] does CWOP filter get new DW stations?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Feb 28 07:57:49 EST 2008

One thing we're looking to reduce/eliminate is the "Sea Of Blue effect
when folks start putting all CWOP data back out on RF.  javAPRSSrvr has
modified over time to do that.  CWOP non-hams are not validated
connections and thus shouldn't go out save when we're looking at
compelling need: emergencies like chemical release, severe weather, etc.
  Using cwop.tamu.edu as an aggregator of all three CWOP servers allows
this.

A second instance of javaAPRSSrvr is pretty straightforward.  That'd be
my recommendation but pose this to Pete on the javAPRSSrvr list and see
what he recommends.

gerry