[Xastir] Error Questions

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Fri Jan 11 20:31:53 EST 2008

I sometimes launch Xastir from a terminal window, it's one way to
keep the messages it returns. Sometimes those messages are very
interesting, sometimes just make you scratch your head. I had a bunch
of odd ones when I shutdown Xastir today.

Some looked like this:
> extract_multipoints: invaldi value in (filtered) "Center of
> MaxConcern }a0ba#c a a k/a#{7LLAAI": 19,-
> 171

Some looked like this:
> Fri Jan 11 04:28:22 EST 2008:
> 	Interface Error!  Error opening interface 0 Hard Fail

The former I'm assuming had to do with badly formatted data coming
through the internet server. The latter I'm assuming had to do with
an error on the first interface (0) which is the internet connection.

I also had before and have again on relaunch errors which look like
this:
> *** Reading WX Alert Log Files
> sscanf parsed 2 values in alert.c (3-7 ok) N1TAI->NWS_ADVIS: HEAVY
> FOG, VIS LESS THAN 400 FEET cROMW
> ELL, ct  06416
> sscanf parsed 2/3 values in alert.c
...[repeated multiple times, five in all then this]
> *** Done with WX Alert log files

When I look in wx_alert.log and grep for N1TAI I see five lines that
look like this:
> N1TAI>APRS::NWS_ADVIS:HEAVY FOG, VIS LESS THAN 400 FEET cROMWELL,
> ct  06416{08

I manually deleted the five lines (and the '#' lines immediately
above) to hopefully eliminate the errors.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn