[Xastir] Xastir and Ultimeter weather station

Steve Jones steve.jones at rogers.com
Sat Jan 19 18:02:29 EST 2008

Hello all,

I'm seeing what's involved in making the switch from ui-view on an old
PC to Xastir on my Mac.

So far so good.  I've got Xastir compiled and showing maps from online
sources.  I've transferred over my Ui-View maps and all is good.

I'll need a serial to usb adaptor for the tnc but I'm not sure about
hooking up my Ultimeter weather station.

Right now I've got another PC running Weather Display which outputs a
wxnow.txt file every 10 minutes.  UI-View picks up this file and uses
it to generate my weather broadcast.

Is there a similar function in Xastir?

Since Weather Display generates my weather webserver pages, I'll be
keeping it around for the forseeable future.

I could split off another serial connection from the Ultimeter but
that would mean hanging another usb to serial adaptor off of my
computer which I would rather not do.

Any suggestions?

Steve
VE3XF