[Xastir] Xastir and Ultimeter weather station

Steve Jones steve at mikeoxlong.net
Sat Jan 19 20:01:11 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 6:46 PM, Alex Carver wrote:

> work.  Some of them are commercial so you'll be
> paying.  I think one that's rather popular is Franson
> GPSGate.  The Mac only has to run a program called
> 'socat' which can turn a network connection into a
> virtual serial port.

Looks like this is the solution for now.  Should be simple to implement.

Weather Display does offer a server port but I can't find what format
the data is in and Xastir doesn't seem to like it.

Perhaps in the future Xastir will support the wxnow.txt file.  It
appears that Winaprs, Ui-view and APRS+SA all support it.

Steve