[Xastir] new Qt license and xastir v2

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 20:50:45 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 7:00 PM, Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com> wrote:

> Then you're doing it wrong. ;-)

Hey, I'm never wrong.  I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

>  OTOH, there were some issues in the
> early development of the wx framework.  Those issues are long gone.

Well, it hasn't been all that long - was during fall semester, so since
August or so.

My test is ./configure;make;make install.  IMO that either works, tells me
what it needs to work, or it's broken.

> You didn't provide a

reasonable argument against the Qt issues I brought up,

That's because as far as I can tell, the possibility of Trolltech changing
their licensing in a way that prevents future use seems no more likely than
the wx tools falling out of favor and/or the developers dropping it.  Maybe
those who are more familiar with Qt could say.

It seems quite possible that even if the licensing did change back to
commercial, we could set up a donation system to buy a copy or three of
commercial Qt.  If Steve can get money for findu.com hardware that way...

-Jason
kg4wsv