[Xastir] new Qt license and xastir v2

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 22 11:53:20 EST 2008

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, Brad Douglas wrote:

> Like I said before, let's leave this up to Xastir developers to decide
> what works best for them.  We've both made good points they can reflect
> upon, so let's leave it at that.  If you want to discuss it further, we
> should probably take it off the list.

The current thought is to split the monolithic program up into
pieces, with a daemon handling the transmit timing, interfaces,
decoding, and feeding of an SQL database.

The GUI would be broken up into pieces by functionality, perhaps
something like this:

    Configuration
    Messaging/Bulletins
    Map
    Objects/Items (perhaps goes with map?)
    etc.

Once that is done people could port the pieces to additional widget
sets more easily.  Care would be taken when writing the first ones
to keep the GUI calls quarantined from the rest of the code to make
additional porting easier.

Anyway, those are my current thoughts.  Other developers may have
different ideas on how to go about it.