[Xastir] Xastir and Ultimeter weather station

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 22 12:31:08 EST 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Rick Green wrote:

>    I'll pull together some data dumps of the U500 datastream, but probably
> not until tomorrow evening...

I'm not in a hurry.  I'm very busy right now so won't get to it for
some time.  If another developer or user wants to look at it and
create patches, I'll be happy to look at them and try to incorporate
them into the main sources.

>    When I first implemented it, I discovered an off-by-two error in the
> parsing of, I think, the wind direction(?)  I corrected the source
> locally, recompiled and tested it here, and posted the diff to the list,
> but I never saw a response that a developer had picked it up and committed
> the change.  Do you remember seeing that, or should I also search my
> sent-mail to resurrect that one?

Sorry, my memory is like a sieve these days, particularly for
anything from e-mail.  I get way too much of it.

>   Darn.  How difficult would it be to implement?  I was looking at the
> ser2net package running under openwrt on an Asus WL-500gP 'appliance' to
> better locate my wind and temp sensors.  I've found some commercial
> solutions (B&B Electronics) which include a driver to implement a 'virtual
> serial port' locally, but that's more $$$ and closed, so I don't want to
> go there.

You could take a look at the Xastir FAQ:  There are some packages
mentioned there for doing serial->net->serial port stuff on Linux.