[Xastir] Xastir LSB with Ubuntu ?

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Jan 27 02:49:40 EST 2008

Having a fiddle with Ubuntu 7.10 . Ive installed LSB but maybee I need
other LSB packages but I dont know which ones. Its installed lsb
lsb-base lsb-core lsb-cxx lsb-desktop lsb-graphics lsb-release so I
thought that would do it.

I downloaded the 16 Jan LSB package and UnTarred it to OPT etc.
It runs fine and seems good till I try to go into the Interfaces menu.
When I goto the interface control button all I get is a Cigar shaped
icon on the xastir screen about 10mm high.

Also noticed that the terminal brings up these errors.
convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too low):4263101696
convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too high):161465600

I thought these errors came up when you had not entered your correct
posit and changed the default 000 000 settings but Ive allready fixed
this and my posit appears correct on the map.

Any ideas anyone?

Tony Hunt VK5AH