[Xastir] Map Cache question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:38:25 EST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 10:13 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2008 8:04 PM, Robert C. Rogers <n8fau15 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all:
> >
> > I'm new to Linux and Xastir.... So far I was able to get Xastir 1.9.0
> > loaded on my laptop running Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy via Synaptic Package
> > Manager.
> >
> > It is working ok, except that I'm not caching the online maps....  I did
> >
> > RTFD.......
> >

> In the menu at the top, if you select Help, then About, it should show a
> list of libraries used.  Is map_caching in the list?

Well, here I am on a little extra P3-800 machine running Xubuntu 7.10.  I
loaded the binary Xastir 1.90 from the Ubuntu repositories, and as I
suspected, it was not compiled with the Berkely database utilities, so no
map caching.  As I believe someone else brought up before, it's also
compiled with Lesstif, which results in a few text issues in some of the
menus.

You might want to try compiling from source.  There's a great howto for
Ubuntu 7.04 that should still apply to 7.10 in the Wiki.

Regards,

Lee-K5DAT
Murphy, TX