[Xastir] Vector Formats.

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:23:28 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 3:15 PM, John Ronan <jronan at tssg.org> wrote:

> Evening,
>
> Someone new to APRS in Ireland with access to mapping data has asked
> me "If" I had a choice of formats, what would I be looking for.  Now
> I'm fairly sure that 'shapfile' is the answer, but I know that its
> not as simple as that.  What would be the 'correct' answer, or could
> someone point me at an 'ideal' map?

shapefile certainly seems the most flexible to me, given the dbfawk
capability we currently have.  As far as I know, the other vector formats
supported by xastir do not have capability to change features (color, line
style, etc), or have hard coded support.

now I'll shut up and let the experts answer. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv