[Xastir] possible feature request: new "select station types to display" dialog?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:02:22 EST 2008

A recent post to the APRSSIG (about usefulness to EOC type users) got me
thinking, and I wonder if we would be better served by a different way to
select the stations displayed on the map?  I would imagine this would be
most useful for special events operations.

The basic idea would be to allow the user to select/deselect _any_type of
station for viewing based on station type, so for example, if one wanted to
see only WX, fire trucks, and ambulances, the view could be reduced to that.

I guess the simplest interface would be a grid of icons, pretty much exactly
like the one that allows you to choose your station icon, that would allow
the user to select which type of stations would be displayed.  Maybe
refinements could be the ability to display full data (as currently selected
for callsign/speed/heading/age/wx data/etc), icon only, or no display, would
be useful (haven't thought so much about that one).

I'm not too sure I've formulated the idea to well, so I thought I'd throw it
out here before I formulated a feature request.

-Jason
kg4wsv