[Xastir] Xastir Crashing

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:16:13 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Tom ve7did <ve7did at dccnet.com> wrote:
> More....
>
> I should have hit the enter key in the terminal...  here is what occurred
>
> Channel data on Port 1 [VE6GGG-6>APT311,WIDE2-2,qAR,VA6KRM-10:!
> 5332.49N/11330.16W>339/000/A=002214]
> Channel data on Port 1 [VE6FRC>APW251,TCPIP*,qAC,T2ONTARIO:<IGATE MSG_CNT=0]
>
> [1]+  Segmentation fault      xastir -v 2047
> va7gq at va7gq:~$
>

> Using lesstif
> I know there has been many discusions over this, but I have never had any
> problems.

Fyi, one time when I installed Xastir under VectorLinux (slackware 12
based), I accidentally started it as root from the terminal after
being in root to do the make install.  It ran fine as root, but then
when I ran it as a normal user, it would crash with seg faults.  I'm
thinking your issue is probably different, but just in case, I thought
I would pass along the info.

Regards,
Lee-K5DAT