[Xastir] geotiff includes on Ubuntu 8.03

Dick Repasky dick.repasky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 11:43:20 EDT 2008

When I build xastir-1.9.3-2008-* on Ubuntu 8.03 the build fails because it
cannot find the includes for geotiff.

- ./configure reports that it will use geotiff

- The compile fails because xtiffio.h and geo_normalize.h cannot be found

- If I edit src/Makefile and insert the appropriate includes (i.e., -I) xastir
  builds without error.

- If I try the correct procedure (as indicated ./configure help info)

   export CPPFLAGS=/usr/include/geotiff
   ./configure --without-ax25 --with-geotiff --without-festival

  ./configure fails very early with the error "configure: error: C compiler
  cannot create executables"

Is there a better way to tell ./configure the location of the includes?

Thanks,

Dick