[Xastir] wms radar

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 8 08:25:37 EDT 2008

Contrary to previously published reports to the contrary, Gerry WILL
take vacations.

This just points out to the lack of redundancy in systems and their
presentations. AFAIK, there is no redundancy for WXSVR or Gerry's
servers (direct copy).

If you look back in the email archives, there was a string of emails
concerning using the NOAA RIDGE system. A couple of us came up with the
necessary .geo files to use the radars, both local, regional, or
nationwide. I keep several .geo's programmed up and switch to a
different feed when there are issues.

I am waiting to see if the NWS posts the upgraded radar images for use
from the NEXRAD upgrades.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO