[Xastir] View station comment

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 8 17:08:36 EDT 2008

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Alex Carver wrote:

> It's about as sane as it can be until Bob B. changes his mind
> again which should be happening in 5...4...2...wait, what happened
> to 3?
>
> In theory it's meant to be machine parsable so that the new D710's
> can read it and tune the VFO.

In practice, the D710's are out and in use so the format is "out in
the wild".

D170's _can_ be firmware-upgraded in the field but most likely Bob
won't change the format because many people will never upgrade to
newer firmware and we just _can't_ alienate those users.  Once any
of the protocol is in firmware Bob is very reluctant to change
it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer