[Xastir] No Map pictures using xastir-1.9.3

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 9 09:11:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Larry wrote:

> I have installed xastir-1.9.3, xastir comes up in xterm, it shows all of the
> ham calls, but I do not get any map pictures showing up...

Did you compile from scratch or use a pre-compiled binary?

Are you trying to use local map files or online maps?

Anything other than the below in the Xterm on startup?

If local maps, did you reindex ALL?  (Map->Configure menu)

If internet maps, do you have libcurl or wget installed?
ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick installed?

> Warning: Create_Appshell text_output2
> class: XmTextField
> Character '\63' not supported in Font,

In the FAQ.