[Xastir] APRS-IS without authentication?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Jul 10 08:00:00 EDT 2008

At this time, but changing in a week or so, the APRS-IS Core systems do
not require authentication.  Tier2 servers, for the most part have gone
to requiring it.  The Core is going to it.  The reason the Core hasn't
gone there so far is to allow "just a little more" transition time for
the CWOP users, often less tech-savvy than hams, to learn they've gotta
migrate to the new CWOP servers (running similar javAPRSsrvr code.

gerry