[Xastir] Re: After the reinstall.. (was: Quickly Closes)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jul 27 13:01:49 EDT 2008

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I think lessons learned include;
>
> Have no interface activate at startup (Curt)
> Make sure fonts are set correct (Jason)
>
> Seems like both would be pretty easy QC checks in software.

Ordinarily having interfaces active on startup is not an issue.  You
get error messages from Xastir and it comes up anyway.  This may not
be totally true with USB interfaces:  I've seem to remember hearing
of some lockups caused by USB interfaces.

As far as the fonts, there may be additional checks that can be done
in the software.  That code is very new and will undoubtedly be
improved over time.  It tries its best to recover from font problems
but there may be more that can be done.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer