[Xastir] Issue with Fedora 9

Jason D. Triolo jasonacg at citicom.com
Mon Jun 9 22:45:28 EDT 2008

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered..

I recently upgraded to Fedora 9, and installed Xastir from CVS. Having a
backup of my old xastir directory from before the upgrade, I copied the
~/.xastir directory from the backup, to preserve my old settings.
Although I've done this successfully through the last three upgrades,
this may or may not be contributing to the following message:

xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libgeotiff.so: cannot open

While the .xastir directory was copied, the CVS install was clean. At
the end of the compile, Geotiff is present, and a search for
libgeotiff.so finds it in /usr/local/lib.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
73 de Jason, KD4ACG