[Xastir] Lockups on a fresh system

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 22:50:40 EDT 2008

--- On Sun, 6/8/08, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> From: Curt, WE7U
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Lockups on a fresh system
> To: "Richard Polivka, N6NKO"
> Cc: xastir at xastir.org
> Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 11:29 PM
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Richard Polivka, N6NKO wrote:
>
> > Possibly, is there an issue with either Lesstif or
> OpenMotif?
>
> I would suspect Lesstif over Motif if it came down to those
> two, or
> the Gnome window manager.
>
> I run OpenSuSE-10.3 with FVWM2 as a window manager and
> don't see any
> such lockups.  I know that's not very close to the
> problem system
> reported, but it's what I have to work with/debug with.

Ok, it locked up again while handling the radar GIFs.  That was the last thing Xastir seems to be doing as it's the message that was at the bottom in the status bar when it froze.  No bulletin box was up this time, it just froze on its own.  It had downloaded the map just fine when I started Xastir.

I guess next thing to try is a different window manager.