[Xastir] Install X-Windows development headers/libraries!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 12 15:05:19 EDT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, john paterson jr wrote:

> Thank you, Curt. I'll try that and let you all know of my (hopefull)
> success.

Ok.

BTW:  I'm the one that wrote the Cygwin install for Xastir, and did
100's of installs way back when to document the procedure.  Nowadays
I wouldn't go that route for Windows:  I'd try VMWare Player (free),
andLinux (free), or VirtualBox (Sun Microsystems, free) before I'd
go with Cygwin.

Cygwin was the _first_ method of getting Xastir going on Windows.  I
wrote the install doc. at users' requests, not because I wanted to
run it under Windows myself.  hi hi

I've been Windows-free at work and at home for about 16 years now.
Every once in a while I need to do a TinyTrak/OpenTracker setup via
Windows, but that's about it.  My kids are doing Lego Mindstorms
robot programming and need Windows for that.  :-(

We're trying to get the Mindstorms software running under VirtualBox
now but can't get the USB IR tower to show through to Windows.  If
that fails we'll try VMWare Server (also free) because one boy has
only Linux on his box now.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer