[Xastir] FIltering FOR NWS Watchbox Polygons

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Jun 14 23:58:58 EDT 2008

Do I need to take my product for watches and warnings and create yet
another WMS layer?  Oh, yeah: I do have that.

http://mesonet.tamu.edu/cgi-bin/pan?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=getcapabilities
is the getCapabilities document.  Formation of the call would be similar
to the WMS call for radar.  Curt, shouldn't the same code support both?

Also, if you ask nicely this WMS will give you both radar and the
watches/warnings.

FOR the record, warnings now are county-based rather than the old,
familiar parallelograms.  Warnings for Thunderstorm, Tornado, Flash
Flood, and Special Marine are polygon-based (or Storm-based).

gerry